Re: suspend/resume event

Manfred Lotz wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:50:23 -0800
Nate Lawson <nate@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Manfred Lotz wrote:

Hi there,
With my Samsung X20 1730 suspend /resume works fine when doing
acpiconf -s 3. I added /etc/rc.d/moused restart in /etc/rc.resume
and the touchpad mouse gets awake after resuming. That's great.

However when closing the lid (I set hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3) and
then pressing the power button although suspend/resume works
fine the mouse won't get restarted. This means /etc/rc.resume and
presumably /etc/rc.suspend won't get called in this case.

Same happen when pressing Fn-ESC the key for suspend.

How can I make sure /etc/rc.suspend as well as /etc/rc.resuem gets
called in the "non-acpiconf" cases?

Ok, I committed code to -current to provide a resume event and will
mfc in a week or two.  You can catch it in devd.conf with:

notify 10 {
        match "system"          "kern";
        match "subsystem"       "power";
	match "type"		"resume";
        action "SOME SCRIPT";
};

Well, I had problems testing it. I actually have a 6.0 STABLE on my
Samsung and installed a small 7.0 current system. However, it didn´'t
even boot with ACPI. It stumbles over acd0 where it is simply hanging
with timeout stuff or so.

Could I possible copy some src files to my 6.0 system and rebuild a
kernel in order to test it?

You can just download the patch and apply it to 6.0.  It's only one file:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/kern/subr_bus.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.189&r2=text&tr2=1.190

--
Nate