Re: Probs with PCA200

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Michael Ferioli wrote:

> Using the Native ATM Sockets API I have been able to use VPIs other than 0.
> So I am thinking this might be a limitation of the "atm" program?

Is this with the PCA200 card and HARP?  If so, I don't see how you can use
any VPI other than zero.  If you look in dev/hfa/fore.h, you will see:
  #define  FORE_MAX_VPI    0
  #define  FORE_MAX_VCI    1023

These values are passed up to HARP when the driver registers itself.  See
dev/hfa/fore_load.c for the relevant code.

It may be that Fore has released new firmware that allows non-zero VPI
values, but that would be a real surprise to me.

All the best,

-Richard