Re: Problem with FORE PCA-200E atm adaptor

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Russo Roberto wrote:

>  I am working to use a FORE PCA-200E atm adapter
>  with my FreeBSD4.3; I have recompiled the kernel
>  with the options for ATM and make all the
>  suggested settings for the configuration, but
>  not seems work;

There is a bug in the Fore driver from 4.1 to 4.3  See kern/23620 for a
description and a patch.  Or just replace fore.h and fore_recv.c with the
4.4 versions and recompile.

>  the same machines in the same hardware
>  configuration but with Linux Redhat operating sistem
>  work with no problems; when I try the two FreeBSD
>  I can't see connectivity between the two machines;
>  looking the output of the "atm show stats interface"
>  command I see that the Atm adapter Send Data with no
>  problem but not receive nothing;

Until you patch your driver, you will be able to send PDUs, but some,
most, or all of the inbound PDUs will be handled incorrectly.

-Richard