FYI - HARP

	Actually, the message was:

>The two hardware drivers for the HARP ATM stack has been broken in
>-current for a LOOOONG time now.
>
>If nobody are have sufficient interest in the HARP ATM stack to actually
>fix these two drivers, we should retire the entire thing from -current.
>
>So consider this a "last call", if the drivers are not fixed by may 1st
>the HARP ATM stack will be put in the attic.
>
>If anybody is interested in actively maintaining this code, I may be
>able to find a donor for some ATM cards.
>
>--
>Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
>phk@xxxxxxxxxxx         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
>FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
>Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

The key being "If nobody are have (sic) sufficient interest ..."

	As one of the original developers, I do have an interest in seeing
this
maintained. The problem has been that all of us have taken jobs elsewhere
and the equipment we used is not available to us. I am in the process of
trying to get my current employer to allow me to use some equipment here
to continue this support. (Equipment being a PC and access to a FORE switch
and/or other ATM testing equipment such as an ADTECH AX/4000) The two
problems are one: it's of no direct benefit to them so I must convince them
that
it has no impact on my completing my "real" work, and two: the adapters we
have
here are not PC PCI based. Poul-Henning has mentioned that he's looking for
someone to loan/donate a card or two to support this but until I get the
okay
here, I'm not going to pursue adapters.

Joseph Thomas