Re: New version of ngATM

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Vincent Jardin wrote:

> However the HARP drivers and stack have been working on Sun.
>   http://www.msci.magic.net/harp/
>   SunOS 4.1.x on Sun SPARC (sun4c, sun4m) workstations
> Isn't enough ?
>
> I agree about the 64-bit platforms, I do not have any. I could not help about
> it ;-(. Nevertheless I am not sure that lot of thinks will need to be fixed.
> Only mainly the IDT drivers need some fixed ;-)
> Another issue with HARP is to get it ready with the new SMP architecture ;-(
> Due to the Netgraph architecture, ngATM should already support SMP ;-))

Actually, most import improvement with ngATM is not driver for actual
chipset, but its higher levels. There may be only fiew hundred STM-1/STM-4
atm card owners in freebsd community, but same work applies inevitabely
for ordinary guy with xDSL modem too. All upper levels of stack are
instantly usable, when first xDSL card driver arrives. All
pppoa/pppoe/classical/etc. stuff - it will just work.

best regards,
taavi