Re: procom aal0 mode

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:12:31AM +0200, Vincent Jardin wrote:

> I agree about this patch. Moreover I think that the test of the aux field
> could be removed because we do not care.

Initialising it to 0 on earlier versions is probably a safe thing to do;
perhaps just wrap it around a version define to not break on 4.8

> Yes, it could be possible, see the function proatm_process_rcqe(). It should
> process the raw cells, however, up to now, it does nothing.
>
> Besides, the interrupt handler calls proatm_rawc() when IDT_RCTE_RAWCELLINTEN
> is set (see proatm_init(), and proatm_connect_rxopen() ).
> You can see that you need to define RCQ_SUPPORT in order to enable the Raw
> Cell Queue.

Ahh yes, thanks - that looks about right.  I was hoping for natm support
(AAL0 mode there looks like just what I need), but I don't have any Midway
cards, only Procom.

> PS: Why do you need to receive or to send an AAL0 cell ? Unfortunately, it is
> not well supported by the HARP stack ;-( (there is no AAL0 ATM socket).

We have some custom embedded devices that we use ATM as a transport for,
but nothing else; it used to run on Linux but we are switching to FreeBSD
now and looking for a good point to hook into the driver.

regards,

--
Anil Madhavapeddy                               http://anil.recoil.org
University of Cambridge                        http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk