Re: Binary security updates

At 11:43 27/12/2002 +0100, Thomas Quinot wrote:
Le 2002-12-25, Colin Percival écrivait :
> mode, of course) and a rollback directory is created.  In order for files

The rollback facility looks particularly attractive. Do you think it
would be feasible to generalize it to a convenient way of rolling back
an installworld?

All I do is copy files from / into ./rollback/ before replacing them; I can't see any reason why that wouldn't suffice for rolling back an installworld, except that you'd need much more disk space.

Colin Percival