Re: Protocol & package independent draft

Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:22:23PM +1200, Andrew Turner wrote:

I have been writing a design for binup to become protocol an package independent. This document dosn't specify how to build the packages or how to install the packages.

This is the first draft and I would like feedback.

With this draft the client is responsible to select the packages on the server to fetch then install them on it's own.

IMO, what we need is working code, not more drafts that get
bikeshedded around for a bit but then never get implemented.

Kris

I've started writing some code in c to download the packages using
libfetch.  If there are any changes to the draft I will fix them in the
code when I release it.

Andrew