Re: Bluetooth mouse breaks on -current

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
Eric,

[...]

this looks like the mouse is loosing the connection and trying to re-connect.

Correct - the mouse would just stop working while I was using it, and this particular mouse needs a button click to tell it to re-connect (as if it was in power save mode). The reconnects you see, are me clicking buttons to get it to come back alive.

fine

[died completely at that vkbd message]

Oct  1 21:01:16 neutrino su: anderson to root on /dev/ttyp2
Oct 1 21:06:22 neutrino kernel: ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command OGF=0x1, OCF=0x1. Timeout Oct 1 21:06:22 neutrino kernel: ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15) Oct 1 21:07:39 neutrino kernel: ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command OGF=0x3, OCF=0x3. Timeout Oct 1 21:07:39 neutrino kernel: ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15)

this is bad. something screwed up at usb level. basically we are trying to send commands to the local device (not mouse) and it does not respond.

I agree - almost seems as though it's a faulty usb bluetooth adapter.

well, may be. may be not. since the load is high during buildworld i wonder if this has something to do with interrupt latency.

what is the model/make of the local bluetooth device (not mouse)?

It's a built-in bluetooth adapter in my Sony laptop:

ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

thanks

was buildworld still running?

Yes

if buildworld was running can you tell what the load was?

I can't recall what the load was at the time, but the CPU was close to 100% utilized.

hmm...

what scheduler are you using BSD or ULE?

ULE

can you please try BSD? just to see if it makes any difference. also try to disable PREEMPTION (with both ULE and BSD).

are you running with WITNESS enabled?

No.

good

also how fast is the cpu on your machine?

1500MHZ.

hmm... 1.5ghz, i wonder why your cpu is close to 100% during buildworld. it would be nice to know how much time system spends in "sys" etc. you have pretty fast cpu, so its kinda strange.

Full dmesg, and other info here:

http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/

Look for the most recent date.

thanks

Oct  1 21:09:33 neutrino kernel: ubt0: detached

ok, this is really bad. usb device should not just detach by itself (unless you pull it out).

Actually, that was me flipping the switch (enable/disable wireless, including bluetooth) on the laptop.

ah, i see.

For what it's worth, I've been using a new Logitech Bluetooth mouse now for a month, with absolutely no problems. I think it was the mouse causing all my troubles.

Thanks again for the great work (and also the recent rc.d commits!)

Eric