SPP server

Does there exist an SPP server program? rfcomm_sppd can act as a
client, but it doesn't look like it can act as a server. The
documentation doesn't say what it connects to, but I presume it's some
embedded device that would normally have a serial port.

I'm interested in using Bluetooth as a terminal connector. Instead of
running serial cables to all servers in a cluster, we can connect to
them over Bluetooth. It can't be used as a real console, but it can
probably be brought up early enough in the boot sequence to be usable
as a rescue mechanism. Is this already possible? If not, is there any
reason it can't work? Unless I'm missing some conceptual problem, it
doesn't seem like it would be very hard to write an rfcomm terminal
server using the SPP.

Thanks in advance,

Dima.