Re: FreeBSD bug tracking system database request

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 03:40:33PM +0100, Israel Herraiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my name is Israel Herraiz, and I am starting my PhD on empirical studies
> of libre (free/open source) software.
>
> I am focusing my research on the FreeBSD system. For that purposes, I
> have obtained a rsync of the CVS of FreeBSD, from one of the mirrors.
> Moreover, I am going to download the mailing lists archives from the
> mailman web interface, but I would need also the information stored in
> the bug tracking system.

Assuming that you are aware of the CVSup tool, the attached supfile will
pull the bug database down into /a/FreeBSD/gnats.  If you not, that's
still the case, but see
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html for
details on how to use it.  You are looking at the best part of 1 GB.

Let us know if you have further questions regarding GNATS; we'll be glad
to help and you may find that there are tools or statistics available
already that may save you some work.

Cheers,

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-stable source tree.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
# cvsup stable-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
# cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
# This specifies the server host which will supply the
# file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
# mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
# http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
# You can override this setting on the command line
# with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
# This specifies the root where CVSup will store information
# about the collections you have transferred to your system.
# A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
# /usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
# collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more than
# ~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
# "base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
# option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
# This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
# setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
# in "/usr/src" (e.g., "/usr/src/bin", "/usr/src/lib").
# The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
#
# DANGER!  WARNING!  LOOK OUT!  VORSICHT!
#
# If you add any of the ports collections to this file, be sure to
# specify them like this:
#
#   ports-all tag=.
#
# If you leave out the "tag=." portion, CVSup will delete all of
# the files in your ports tree.  That is because the ports collections
# do not use the same tags as the main part of the FreeBSD source tree.
#

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var
*default prefix=/a/FreeBSD