Re: UFS mounted on linux

Rahul Sawarkar wrote:

Hello
I have a freebsd ufs partition, that I access from linux using the following command:

mount /dev/hda2 /mnt -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd

This is fine for 4.x series .
However , FreeBSD 5.x uses ufs2 by default . For mounting ufs2 , look at these patches :

http://ufs-linux.sourceforge.net

Funnie: All the files and directories created by the /stand/sysinstall or the freeBSD install CD are visible. But the recent files I downloaded from the net, or any file created while booted in FreeBSD using "touch filename" for instance are not to be seen in
Linux.

Moving or copying files has no effect.Changing attributes using chflags "noopaque" has no effect.

Any tips ?

Correct me if I am wrong , but linux's ufs implementation is not very robust . Besides , there are no good tools for ufs fs on linux. That is why I have started this work (link above).

Regards
Niraj

Rgrds
freebsd-questions users: Please cc to: torahuls@xxxxxxxx as I'm not subscribed.