Re: CVSweb patches

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 09:17 -0800, Daniel Qarras wrote:

> About the other comments: I've followed your suggestions and attached
> updated patches.

I've applied the "age colors" patch with some minor robustness changes.

About the "nice colors" patch, as you said, mileages vary and it's not
possible to please everyone with one color scheme.  I tend to think that
the old colors are nicer, so I haven't applied the patch.

A more "proper" and future proof solution to this problem IMO would be
to implement end user selectable alternative style sheets (with the
user's choice persisted, possibly in a "sticky" query string parameter
and/or a cookie), with the given available CSS URLs configured in
cvsweb.conf.  Some examples and more info:
http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/alternatives.html
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/