Re: Setup problem with multiple mirrored devices

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:02:31AM -0500, Brent Hostetler wrote:
+> So then I move on to ad4 and ad6.
+>    fdisk -I ad4
+>    fdisk -I ad6
+>    bsdlabel -w ad4s1
+>    bsdlabel -w ad6s1
+>    bsdlabel -e ad6s1
+>    bsdlabel -e ad4s1
+>    gmirror label -v -b round-robin M2 ad4s1
+>    gmirror configure -a M2
+>    gmirror insert M2 ad6s1
+>
+> gmirror picks up ad6 as the provider instead of ad6s1.

Which FreeBSD version do you use?
It should work fine with 6.0. If you cannot upgrade, you need to use -h
option, eventually you can create slices one sector smaller so they
don't end at the same sector as disk.

BTW. Don't create partitions on adXsX if you mirror slices. Instead
create them on mirror provider.

pjd@xxxxxxxxxxx                           http://www.FreeBSD.org