FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE+Dummynet+Bridging

Hello, all. I am running the subject software on a Dell Dimension 3000 desktop with two Ethernet interfaces (using the em and fxp drivers). The kernel modules that are being used are dummynet.ko, ipfw.ko, and if_bridge.ko. After setting up the pipes, etc. the platform runs as expected doing its bridging and desired dummynet traffic shaping function but consistently crashes the platform after about 15 minutes requiring a power off/on restart (or logging in on a virtual terminal and issuing a shutdown). If I just do bridging with IPFW but without dummynet.ko loaded everything is fine. The same behavior results if I recompile the kernel to support firewalling and dummynet.

I am consistently obtaining what appears to be a FIFO overrun (kernel: em0: Rx overrun).

I also tried all this with an IBM T22 Thinkpad (internal + PC Card Ethernet interfaces) and got the same result. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a fix? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

--
      __    __     ______       __   John Wood

To have and to want more that is life. - F. Nietzsche