Re: Problems with eclipse

2005/12/19, Panagiotis Astithas <past@xxxxxx>:

> Franco Bruno Borghesi wrote:
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > Eclipse freezes one or twice a day on my freebsd 6.0/amd64. It seems
> that
> > libz problems are gone with last jdk15 update, but eclipse still has
> > problems. I've tested this on two different installations (same
> hardare/OS).
> >
> > I have attached my last hs_err_pid file.
> >
> > I would appreciate any hint anyone could give me.
> > Thanks.
>
> Once again the crash happens when the permanent generation in the heap
> is almost full. It seems this happens to many people with jdk15 on amd64
> and usually increasing the heap size does not help much (since the
> permanent generation gets just a fraction of this). See if you can find
> a useful combination of the flags discussed here:
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/gc_tuning_5.html
>
> Cheers,
> Panagiotis

Panagiotis, thanks for your help.
I just need to run eclipse, so I decided to downgrade to jdk14, so I can run
eclipse without problems.

Trying to build the port, I get:

[root@taz jdk14]# make
printf: missing format character
===>  jdk-1.4.2p7_2 is*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

I haven't found any answer to this problem in the archives. Does anyone know
how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.