Re: Sound Blaster Live! External: Would like some help please

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:22:15 +0000
"Jr Porkchop" <jrporkchop@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>          I was wondering if anyone has had success with the 'Sound Blaster
> Live! 24-bit External' USB Audio card, I have managed to get it initialising
> but i can't get it to produce sound.  I have produced a custom kernel with
> Ariff Abdullah's patch for RELEASE 6.0 to the /usr/src and used:
> device       sound    # Loads generic sound for headers
> device       snd_uaudio  # Loads USB audio
> in the kernel config.

> cat /dev/sndstat:
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <USB Audio> at ?  (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

Try to increase the number of virtual channels, e.g. "sysctl
hw.snd.maxautovchans=3".

Try to mute the device and then unmute it again (at least the GNOME
panel applet is able to mute/unmute a device, and I have to do the same
in Windows too when I want to use my uaudio device).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
         The computer revolution is over. The computers won.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/