[no subject]

----------
Anyone heard anything definite about NVidia's drivers being pulled into
XFree86 4.0?
----------

As I'm limited to PCI, I'm most interested in:

   - NVidia TNT, and
   - Voodoo3

3D boards.  In MSWindows reviews, Voodoo3 sounds like the fastest PCI
performer.  And it appears that Voodoo3 "may" be supported in XFree86:

     http://www.xfree86.org/snapshots/3.9.15/RELNOTES1.html#10

(glide is listed).  But I've not heard from someone who has a Voodoo3
working with an XFree86 4.0 pre-release, to what extent it is functional,
and how much of the driver source code is freely available (to factor in
long-term support).

Anyone have a Voodoo3 working in 2D/3D with XFree86?

Thanks,

Randall

TNT/TNT2 GLX links:
   Jordon:  http://www.freebsdzine.org/199907/features/tnt.html