[no subject]

A simple program would be best and my next step will be to pipe stdin
to audio output and audio input to stdout.

> > I suspect that if I really get very serious I'll be wanting 20-24 bit
> > A/D (and maybe D/A) conversion.
>
> Is that an external module or a "soundcard"?

Yes.  Actually I haven't really looked at this closely yet.  I think
there are a number of options including both special soundcards and
external USB devices.  By keeping the audio signals outside of the
computer you card reduce the interference from the electric noise
inside the chassis.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone