Re: firefox flash

Am Sonntag, den 22.01.2006, 09:25 +0100 schrieb Lluis López:

> First deinstall flashplugin-mozilla and install www/linuxpluginwrapper
> (WITH_PLUGINS=yes if you want install all), copy libmap.conf for 6
> version in /etc.
> After this, download this patch:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
>
> Install this patch with the next steps:
> cd /usr/src
> patch < /path/to/patch
> cd libexec/rtld-elf; make clean; make; make install
>
> And now install www/linux-flashplugin7. The last step is make a
> symbolic link with libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins direcrtory. You can reinit firefox and
> see if all work writing about:plugins in yor brownser.
>
> Luis.

Hi Luis,

no luck on my side.  I tried this before the same way as you describe,
just w/o the rtld patch.  It used to "work" so much that I did see the
plugin registered in the about:plugins page.  But it hung whenever I was
accessing some flash-enabled page.

Same today after including your rtld patch (what does it do, by the
way?).  Either flash6 or flash7 (whichever I symlink into
browser_plugins) registers into the about page, but whenever I call a
flash-enabled page the browser hangs complete, does not even redraw the
screen when I uncover the window.  The browser has to be killed.

FreeBSD6-stable suped about a week or two ago, Firefox 1.5.

--
Regards,
Georg.