Re: How To invoke device_shutdown/ device_resume method for testing

In message: <0E3FA95632D6D047BA649F95DAB60E57015291E7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            "Sabapathi, Vanishree" <vanis@xxxxxxxx> writes:
: 	In my driver the device_shutdown/device_resume methods need to be
: tested. What should I do to get these methods invoked. Is there any utility
: like camcontrol which would allow me to test these methods.
:  I understand that the device suspends and resumes for power saving(correct
: me if I am wrong)..but how do i get to invoke these methods for testing
: purpose.

Suspend the laptop.  Or, if your desktop supports it, suspend your
desktop.  There's not really a 'for testing purposes' jig that lets
you power down devices.

Warner