Re: mysql benchmarks

Peter Pentchev wrote:

So, if both systems use gettimeofday, then slow may be somewhere else.

Errrr...  I think David might have meant that the original poster should
simply set kern.timecounter.hardware to 'TSC', not i8254 or something
else.  This would not change whether MySQL uses gettimefday() or not,
it would simply change the in-kernel method of obtaining the actual
time of day - at least that's how I understand it :)

G'luck,
Peter

Err, I just wanted to know the best performance current FreeBSD can
achieve. The timer problem had already been discussed several times
in the list, I don't want to repeat it here.

David Xu