MySQL Deadlocks (Was: Re: Benchmark MySQL Performance On FreeBSD And Linux)

On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

On Friday, 16 December 2005 at 11:20:12 +0800, huang leo wrote:

We had evaluated MySQL performance on FreeBSD and Linux. The result is
attached.

Thank you!

This is some of the most plausible information I've seen in a while.
I'm forwarding it to a MySQL internal list, and I expect we'll discuss
it in much detail.

A few comments:

- I'd be very interested in the deadlocks you've been experiencing.
  If you have any additional information, please let me know.

Some time back I experienced deadlocks with FreeBSD 5.4 and either libthr or libpthread. linuxthreads had no issue. Other machines with different hardware did not have the problem.

It looks like I'll be able to perform some testing on that machine sometime early in the new year. What is the correct forum for discussing this when I get the opportunity to look into it again?

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com