Re: Device polling heavy traffic

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Jakubik <mikej@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[about packet-per-second performance]

Mike> Post the message enough times? Have you tried on a PCI Express
Mike> bus?

Well... I kept getting the message that it wasn't from my subscribed
address --- which in the past had ment that it just doesn't get posted
(although that isn't what the message says).

Anyways... I havn't tried PCI-Express.  I havn't heard anything that
would convince me that it's more efficient... but then again, I havn't
really researched it.  The lastest hardware available when we tested
things was PCI-X (ie: 133 Mhz, 64 bit).

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can be          |
|Mail:       dave@xxxxxxxx                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |