Re: Speed up ports compiling under SMP (muti cpu) ?

On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:42 AM, AlanBAKA wrote:
I know how to use make -j x to compiling src
but I have try to use for compiling ports but doesn't work.
any way I can use all my cpu to compiling ports?

There are 13,000 ports which would require testing and fixing of their Makefiles to be safely parallizeable. While you can help by fixing the ports you actually use, I would not rely on parallel builds to always work...

--
-Chuck