Re: A question about S/390 port

Apparently, On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:11:47AM +0400,
	Serguei Tzukanov said words to the effect of;

> On Thursday 11 July 2002 02:45, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> >
> > I think this is because your console driver (hc) doesn't have a tty
> > interface, just the low level cn* stuff.  If you look at the
> > ofw_console driver, it provides a rudimentary tty interface using
> > polling and cngetc, cnputc equivalents.
>
> Hm, what about /dev/console (tty_cons)?
> I put into /etc/ttys line
> console "/usr/libexec/getty std.1200" vt100 on secure.

Where exactly in init are you trying to print?  If you're in the single_user
function, you can only use stdio in the forked child after it calls setctty.
Before that you have to open an fd on /dev/console yourself and write(2) to
it, or call login_tty on it which dups the standard descriptors from it.
I don't know if starting a getty on /dev/console will work, but in any case
this doesn't happen until you go multi-user, iirc this line is only used for
the secure keyword.

Jake