Sound and Video cards not detected at boot

Hardware:
   Realtek High Definition Audio (integrated on mobo, ACL 880 I think)
Windows XP says 'Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)'

   Radeon X1600
Windows XP says 'PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0'

Dmesg only shows the standard 'VGA' for video, and nothing for sound.

I have tried compiling all the sound drivers in the kernel, as well as load sound.ko and snd_driver.ko as modules (without drivers in kernel).

dmesg, uname, pciconf and .asl output can be found at http://home.cogeco.ca/~paul.murphy/

Thanks for any help people can provide!