Re: Gravis Ultra Soun

> I am trying to patch GUS initialization in kernel (GUS is not
> well initialized during boot) , maybe somebody have information about GUS
> (registers etc)
>
> Janusz Kokot

You should try ftp://archive.epas.utoronto.ca/pub/pc/ultrasound
	and    ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/systems/msdos/ultrasound

The code to initialize the GUS is -almost- correct, one known bug is that
it is using the macro OUTB which does I/O to a non-gus address to slow things
down after each out, and when you're programming the gus, it knocks it out
of configuration mode when that happens. :-(

I've had this on my list of things to work on for six months, but haven't
had a chance to follow up on it.  If you get it working, please let me know
and I'll gladly fix the distribution.

Paul