Re: rc.d/ldconfig change

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 06:31:20PM +0100, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> 	Since we have some ports that want to ldconfig directories early
> 	in the boot process (actually, early in localpkg sequence), I
> 	think it would be a good idee to support
> 	${PREFIX}/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ directories (or whatever the name).
>
> 	Here's what I was thinking about (see attached patch).
>
> 	This way, I can imagine a USE_LDCONFIG variable containing
> 	directories and bsd.port.mk would just :
>
> 	.if defined(USE_LDCONFIG)
> 	echo ${USE_LDCONFIG} > ${PREFIX}/etc/ld.so.conf.d/${UNIQUENAME}
> 	.endif
>
> 	[...] instead of installing 000.${UNIQUENAME}.sh in
> 	${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d.
>
> 	I guess it should be ok since /etc/rc.d/ldconfig is launched
> 	after /etc/rc.d/mountcritremote. We can assume that local
> 	directories will be available (by default local_ldconfig="").

Sounds good to me.  I'd been thinking we could use something like
this since all those scripts are ugly.  This nice thing about this
is that we could use a compatibility port that just installs a
000.ldconfig-compat.sh script to shim old versions to allow the hack
script to die in ports almost immediately.

-- Brooks