Re: [RFC] what do we do with picobsd ?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, M. Warner Losh wrote:

Given how intertwingled picobsd is to the underly OS, I think you are going to have a hard time getting to #3. #2 is fine with me.

My feelings here are pretty much the same -- I'm skeptical about the continued ability to maintain PicoBSD outside CVS in a long-term way, given tight integration with the source tree. People can and do maintain there own versions of FreeBSD releases and wrappers (FreeSBIE is presumably the most successful example), but it's a lot of work, and if there's trouble finding enough hands for the current PicoBSD, it doesn't seem likely it will get more hands somewhere else.

Robert N M Watson