RE: Question about programming graphics

Dan,

It seems that you basically want a "window like" cursor addressable
display system

ncurses is the bees-knees for this as it supports pretty much all
of your needs and is a linkable library to your C / C++ programs.

And it is part of the baseline install -- try

% apropos curses

and you will get all the man pages you kneed ;-)

BTW freebsd-questions would also be a place for a general question like
this
also. ( I ahev copied this to there also for you to seen any other
comments arise ;-)

mjt