[no subject]

"FreeBSD-STABLE is our development branch from which major releases are
made. Changes go into this branch at a different pace, and with the general
assumption that they have first gone into FreeBSD-CURRENT first for testing.
This is still a development branch, however, and this means that at any
given time, the sources for FreeBSD-STABLE may or may not be suitable for
any particular purpose. It is simply another engineering development track,
not a resource for end-users."

Lets accept it and choose to use -RELEASE for the "stable" version?  Accept
the convention of naming? Whether it is or it is not reflective of literal
meaning of the label?

Anyway... good idea to read handbook? Then, decide what you choose to do
based on the way the current system works?