[no subject]

I got rid of the problem by changing each full qualified name of the hosts in
/etc/hosts.lpd at server side into its IP. That solves the problem, but I think this
reveals a bug!

At the same time, compiling SAMBA on the same machine with the most recent cvsupdate of 4.7-RC,
samba works for several minutes, hours and then the server doesn't respond anymore. After reboot
or restart of the server (hardware) or the daemon (nmbd/smbd) the games starts again - with
the same result.

The reason why my statements about this error is so indifferent and not exact is: I changed
this night from 4.7-RC back to 4.6.2-p2 and recompiled SAMBA and changed /etc/hosts.lpd back
to its prior state. All things run well since then.

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)