Make World Fails on Man Pages

Here is a snippet of my failed installworld logs as I move to 6.0R:

install -o root -g wheel -m 444 crypt.3.gz  /usr/share/man/man3
/usr/share/man/man3/crypt_get_format.3.gz -> /usr/share/man/man3/crypt.3.gz
rm: /usr/share/man/man3/crypt_get_format.3: Not a directory
rm: /usr/share/man/man3/crypt_get_format.3.gz: Not a directory

I get the same error from a couple other man pages (e.g. bwrite) if I run make from the directory where the pages source exists. Not all man pages cause an error, just some. I tried removing /usr/obj for a fresh build since this was a former 5.4R box. Cvsup isn't fetching any new sources so I must be up to date.

Any ideas why some man pages won't install?

Thanks,
Jason