Re: www/92389: downloads suck; torrent and otherwise

The following reply was made to PR www/92389; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: John <jdw242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: www/92389: downloads suck; torrent and otherwise
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:02:32 +0100

 Hi there,

  > cannot get the download to complete.
 >
 > GetRight is stuck at 98%.
 >
 > uTorrent will not get the files; says server actively refuses it.
 >
 > The torrent issue is normal from my experience. No peers when I need a file.
 >
 > The HTTP and FTP issues are strange. I am 2 mins away from being done and your servers ALL ACTIVELY SIT THERE AND IGNORE ME.
 >
 > Hard to say anymore nicely.
 >
 > I am disappointed.
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > try to download ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/torrents/6.0-RELEASE/6.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.torrent
 >
 > &
 >
 > ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/6.0/6.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

 This would more seem like a local error then an FreeBSD error. We have
 many downloads but not these complaints.

 However: You mention ftp2.freebsd.org, did you try ftp.freebsd.org?
 or ftp.yourcountrycode.freebsd.org ? Perhaps they work better and
 allow you to download the entire iso file.

 You can find a list of FTP servers here:

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html

 Goodluck!

 --

 Kind regards,