[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PERFORCE change 90406 for review
Change 90406 by rwatson@rwatson_fledge on 2006/01/26 15:08:21
Since we don't want to list every copyright and license variation in
the central license file, simply list a prototype license and refer
consumers to specific files for details.
Affected files ...
.. //depot/projects/trustedbsd/openbsm/LICENSE#3 edit
==== //depot/projects/trustedbsd/openbsm/LICENSE#3 (text+ko) ====
@@ -1,41 +1,14 @@
-OpenBSM is covered by a number of copyrights, with two variants of the BSD
-license depending on origination. The TrustedBSD Project would appreciate
-the contribution of fixes and enhancements under identical of substantially
+OpenBSM is covered by a number of copyrights, with licenses being either two
+or three clause BSD licenses. Individual file headers should be consulted
+for specific copyrights on specific components. The TrustedBSD Project would
+appreciate the contribution of fixes and enhancements under identical or
+substantially similar licenses:
- * Copyright (c) 2004 Apple Computer, Inc.
+ * Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holder>
* All rights reserved.
- * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
- * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
- * are met:
- * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
- * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- * 3. Neither the name of Apple Computer, Inc. ("Apple") nor the names of
- * its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
- * from this software without specific prior written permission.
+ * <any additional comments or credits>
- * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY APPLE AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
- * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
- * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
- * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLE OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
- * ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
- * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
- * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
- * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
- * STRING LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING
- * IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
- * POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- * Copyright (c) 2005 SPARTA, Inc.
- * All rights reserved.
- * This code was developed in part by Robert N. M. Watson, Senior Principal
- * Scientist, SPARTA, Inc.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
@@ -56,3 +29,4 @@
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.