[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: cvs commit: src Makefile
- To: dfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Doug Rabson)
- Subject: Re: cvs commit: src Makefile
- From: John Birrell <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 07:20:32 +1000 (EST)
- Cc: jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jb@xxxxxxxxxxx, cvs-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx, cvs-all@xxxxxxxxxxx, cvs-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980604220146.421I-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> from Doug Rabson at "Jun 4, 98 10:03:13 pm"
- Sender: owner-cvs-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Doug Rabson wrote:
> Could you possibly put a tarball of FreeBSD/alpha binaries up for ftp
> somewhere? I want to start running them in my prototype kernel.
One big tarball or (say) separate root and usr? It's all linked static,
so it's big.
Do you want my hacked kernel and boot blocks? I guess these aren't much good
if miata can't run NetBSD. They are needed by anyone who wants to build
ports so that the system boots as:
consinit: using prom console
Copyright (c) 1998
FreeBSD Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998
The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (GENERIC) #5: Fri May 15 16:52:49 EST 1998
DEC 3000 - M300X, 175MHz
8192 byte page size, 1 processor.
real mem = 33554432 (2097152 reserved for PROM, 31457280 used by FreeBSD)
avail mem = 23904256
with uname -a:
FreeBSD freebsd2.cimlogic.com.au 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (GENERIC) #5: Fri May 15 16:52:49 EST 1998 jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/u/netbsd/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/GENERIC alpha
I tried building simos under FreeBSD/Alpha, but I ran out of memory linking.
Otherwise it seemed to compile OK.
John Birrell - jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jb@xxxxxxxxxxx http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137