Re: Fujitsu S2110

Thanks for taking the time to reply. In response to both of your previous
posts:

My hw.acpi MIB looks something like this:
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0 C2/1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00%
hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 1
hw.acpi.video.tv0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.out0.active: 0
hw.acpi.acline: 1
hw.acpi.battery.life : 100
hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5

I see that the hw.acpi.power_button_state controls what that button does. I
attempted to set it to S3, and tapped the power button. I then got a series
of ioapic.suspend: feature not yet implemented messages, before it
suspended. It would not, however, come back out of the suspend; it got so
far as the BIOS, and that was it. I just hardbooted to get it back up again.

I also see the lid_switch_state is not set? Should this not be set to S3, as
well? Or perhaps neither it nor the power_button_state are set to S3 due to
the 'feature not yet implemented' issue? Just conjecture, on my part.

I have the following buttons on the laptop (note the absence of a 'suspend'
or 'sleep' button - the manual states that tapping the power button is
supposed to provide this functionality):

Power
Mute
External Mouse (automagic within the BIOS, for the most part)
Brightness Up/Down
Volume Up/Down
External VGA/S-Video (more automagic, really)
5 'Application' buttons with 10 possible options:
   Stop/Eject, Play/Pause, Rewind, FF - 'Player' mode
   A, B, Internet, Email - 'Application' mode
   The last button switches modes

I then have a switch on the back of the laptop that controls the wireless
radio, but does not actually shut the _card_ down - simply stops
broadcasting a signal.

The closest thing I have found thus far on the FUJB02B1 device is 'FUJ02B1'
which controls the sound and brightness functions on Lifebook S5582 (Pentium
3). Perhaps this device is a later (B) revision of same?

--
If UNIX doesn't have the solution you have the wrong problem.
UNIX is simple, but it takes a genius to understand it's simplicity.