Re: Fujitsu S2110

On Sunday 29 January 2006 00:12, you wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to reply. In response to both of your
>
> My hw.acpi MIB looks something like this:
> hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
> hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
> hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
> hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
> hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
> hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
> hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
> hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
> hw.acpi.verbose: 0
> hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0 C2/1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00%
> hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 1
> hw.acpi.video.tv0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.video.out0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.acline: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.life: 100
> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>
> I see that the hw.acpi.power_button_state controls what that button
> does. I attempted to set it to S3, and tapped the power button. I
> then got a series of ioapic.suspend: feature not yet implemented
> messages, before it suspended. It would not, however, come back out
> of the suspend; it got so far as the BIOS, and that was it. I just
> hardbooted to get it back up again.
>
> I also see the lid_switch_state is not set? Should this not be set
> to S3, as well? Or perhaps neither it nor the power_button_state
> are set to S3 due to the 'feature not yet implemented' issue? Just
> conjecture, on my part.
>
> I have the following buttons on the laptop (note the absence of a
> 'suspend' or 'sleep' button - the manual states that tapping the
> power button is supposed to provide this functionality):
>
> Power
> Mute
> External Mouse (automagic within the BIOS, for the most part)
> Brightness Up/Down
> Volume Up/Down
> External VGA/S-Video (more automagic, really)
> 5 'Application' buttons with 10 possible options:
>    Stop/Eject, Play/Pause, Rewind, FF - 'Player' mode
>    A, B, Internet, Email - 'Application' mode
>    The last button switches modes
>
> I then have a switch on the back of the laptop that controls the
> wireless radio, but does not actually shut the _card_ down - simply
> stops broadcasting a signal.
>
> The closest thing I have found thus far on the FUJB02B1 device is
> 'FUJ02B1' which controls the sound and brightness functions on
> Lifebook S5582 (Pentium 3). Perhaps this device is a later (B)
> revision of same?
The acpi_fujitsu device only enables the function buttons/hotkeys.  Do
you also have a S5582?  Would you send me the acpidump of that too?
I also noticed another interesting device.
        Device (FEXT)
        {
            Name (_HID, "FUJ02E3")
There is only 1 pair of get/set methods.  And some more complex
function call methods that I'm not sure how to invoke.  I'll see
about adding that to the current driver and let you play around with
it to figure out what it pokes.

--
Anish Mistry