Re: FreeBSD: working namei-based server

On 28 Jun 2001, Tom Maher wrote:

> Yay, volume replication is finally working.  I'm having some trouble
> getting to my non-work-related web server, so for the meantime, the pach
> is at

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you -- been busy getting married,
etc, etc.  This is great news indeed--I'll have to give it a try sometime
this week :-).

> I've asked Rob Watson to set aside a syscall number for AFS, and I'm
> wating for him to get back to me.  In the meantime, I'll continue being
> lame and use syscall 210.

I can go ahead and allocate a number, but probably need more information
(such as at least a syscall name, preferably more) in order to do the
allocation.

> Help from anyone who has great knowledge of the VFS would be most
> appreciated.  Help from people who can torture test the server, and then
> report dangerous bugs, would also be wonderful.

I won't promise great knowledge, but I have at least a working knowledge.
I'll try this out sometime in the next week or so and see how it runs.
BTW, your description revolves around 4.3-RELEASE -- have you given it a
try at all on 5.0-CURRENT?

robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services