Re: OpenAFS status?

At 12:28 PM -0500 3/9/04, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
Hi there,

I wonder what the status is of OpenAFS porting to FreeBSD
5.x -- I've seen a few older posts on the net that indicated
there were several issues that needed to be dealt with
(client), etc.

This mailing list (the freebsd-afs one) is for a much earlier
attempt to get AFS working under FreeBSD.  There is no real
activity on this list.

These days, all the real activity is on the OpenAFS mailing
lists.  There is a port-freebsd mailing list at OpenAFS.org

The status is that Garrett Wollman did a bunch of work to get
the client working much better on 5.x.  Jim Rees is in the
process of committing those changes to the official OpenAFS
source code.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx