Re: PCA-200E-LE

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Jacob Ritorto wrote:

JR>the politics I've seen here recently, I would
JR>*definitely* recommend the pca200e if you want
JR>continued support and/or if you want a proper ATM
JR>adaptor that doesn't shluff off the extra work
JR>onto your cpu.

I would recommend the Marconi/Fore HE, because it supports
CBR and ABR. You will need the former if you are going to connect
to a public ATM network. I have a driver and network stack
for CURRENT based on this card which I will release in a couple of week.s

JR>	BTW, FORE/Marconi has recently made the Solaris ForeThought
JR>Adaptor code available via community source, so if you know someone
JR>who's willing to work on porting it from the Solaris base to
JR>FreeBSD, that would be sweet.  Check this out:

[SNIP]

There is already a port of this on the Marconi web-site, but I'm not sure,
that anybody is going to support this.

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private