Connecting My ADSL MODEM To My FreeBSD Pc.

Hello Friendly FreeBSD people.

Let me get straight to the point.

I am implimenting a FreeBSD Based Firewall.

I have an ADSL Speedtouch 5200 Modem/Router, Currently Plugged into my Switch.

I want to connect the ADSL modem to my FreeBSD Firewall;
So that the FreeBSD Firewall will be creating a PPP connection directly to my ISP.
E.g., my vr0 interface will have a PUBLIC Internet Address (IF Possible?).

My Isp Uses PPPoA, i used the instructions from the handbook;
Using 'mpd'.
I set the ADSL router in 'bridge' mode and connect the Ethernet cable
from the Dsl Router/Modem to my FreeBSD Firewall. ON the Interface vr0.

But i have little success getting the results i want. [The Firewall doesn't connect to my ISP]

Anyone willing to give me a clue?

---------------------------------------
Config stuff.
rc.conf
--
#FireWall Stuff
#---------------

inetd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
check_quotas="NO"

gateway_enable="YES"
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipnat_rules="/etc/ipnat.rules"

ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_flags=""
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Dsn"

#vr0 Connects to DSL MODEM
ifconfig_vr0="inet 192.168.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
#-------------------------
mpd.conf
default:
   load adsl

adsl:
   new -i ng0 adsl adsl
   set bundle authname USER******
   set bundle password PASS***[changed]
   set bundle disable multilink

   set link no pap acfcomp protocomp
   set link disable chap
   set link accept chap
   set link keep-alive 30 10

   set ipcp no vjcomp
   set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

   set iface route default
   set iface disable on-demand
   set iface enable proxy-arp
   set iface idle 0

   open

-----------------

mpd.links
--
adsl:
   set link type pptp

192.168.0.1 = vr0 interface [ firewall ]
192.168.0.254 = dsl modem/router.

Empty /etc/ipnat.rules; empty /etc/ipf.rules

Regards,
Stephan Weaver.

stephanweaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/