Switched virtual connection

Hello,
Im trying to set up a SVC directly to an atm edge switch (3Com SS II with an ATM uplink modul). The host has FreeBSD 5.4 and a ForeRunner 155HE card. I have 2 Questions:

1. Which of the 3 ATM implementations do I have to use ?
2. Do I need ATMARPD ?
3. Are there examples for SVCs in netgraph/natm/HARP ?

I have googled around and found examples for PVCs, but the switch supports only SVCs. Both ends seem to send/receive SONET frames but nothing more:

hatm0: flags=841<UP,RUNNING,SIMPLEX> mtu 9180
        media: ATM Multi-mode/155MBit
        status: active
fa0: flags=43<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING> mtu 9180
        ether 00:20:48:2e:13:67

On the switch the Link Status LED is green. At the end I want to build something like this:

Telco -- DSL Router -- FreeBSD as a IP/ATM bridge/router or switch -- 3Com with ethernet clients

Is this possible or do I need a real ATM switch ?

Greetings,
	Heiner

--
Heiner Strauss	heiner@xxxxxxxxx        Bilch International Consulting