Re: Mounting root through devfs

* Thomas Quinot, 2004-05-02 :

> An interesting use of this option is to mount a root file system by
> FFS volume label (using GEOM_VOL), without needing to know what hardware
> identifier will be assigned to it.

Hum, actually, further testing revealed that this should have worked
with -CURRENT without resorting to any patch. I must have messed up
something when initially determining that this did not work.

> If I understand the comment just above the definition of g_dev_clone,
> integration of this patch would allow removal of a questionable hack.

The patch could still be an improvement from an architectural
perspective for this reason.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx