[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Breaking up base (was: current state of the binup project)
- To: The Anarcat <anarcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Breaking up base (was: current state of the binup project)
- From: Philip Jenvey <pjenvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:32:30 -0700
- Cc: Murray Stokely <murray@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GERARDO ENRIQUE PAREDES MANCIA <g.paredes@xxxxxxxxxx>, freebsd-binup@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: freebsd-binup@xxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20021022174617.GC3492@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from anarcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:46:18PM -0400
- List-archive: <http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/> (Web Archive)
- List-help: <mailto:majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG?subject=help> (List Instructions)
- List-id: <freebsd-binup.FreeBSD.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG?subject=subscribe%20freebsd-binup>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG?subject=unsubscribe%20freebsd-binup>
- References: <200210190255.10557.g.paredes@xxxxxxxxxx> <20021019105417.C69448@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20021022174617.GC3492@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-freebsd-binup@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:46:18PM -0400, The Anarcat wrote:
> On Sat Oct 19, 2002 at 10:54:17AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> > the same mechanism. We were not interested in changing the package
> > format, because other groups (i.e. libh / openpackages) are more
> > focussed on that. We were focussed on updates, delivery, and breaking
> > up the base system into discrete components.
> Really? I've been dreaming about breaking up base for a long time
> now. Have binup started any work in this direction?
> I have a "paper" I started writing that I've been thinking to send to
> -arch for a while now, should it be sent here instead?
Antoine, we'd love to hear your ideas, even if the "paper" is still in
a state that requires surrounding double quotes to describe it.
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe freebsd-binup" in the body of the message