Re: 3Com PCMCIA 3CRWB6096B ?

Kurt,

Had anyone luck with the 3Com PCMCIA 3CRWB6096B under fbsd
5.4p6 ?

[...]

to force the detection as btccc0. Before that, it was always detected as sio5, but rc.bluetooth would not be able to use that
if I used

rc.bluetooth start sio5

did the card work after your changes?

No.

ok.

from what i know there are at least two versions of the 3com
bluetooth card. i just tries mine and got

[...]

so it looks like you have version 2 (or other?) card - product id
0x41.

ng_bt3c(4) driver was only tested with version 1 card (the one i
have - product id 0x40). i do not own other version(s) of the card.
if you could please tell me how to identify the card i can try to
find and purchase it locally.

On the product box, it explicitly says "Model 3CRWB6096B".

thanks. could you also please provide information on the back of the card? the one i have says

3crwb6096-hp m/n: sl-1022
sn = hhvsfc6eec
pn: 10044175-01 rev: aa

you could also try to look at linux bluez mailing lists and try to
 figure out what is the difference between version 1 and version 2
cards.

There's only one post that mentions this card:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11040382

It's also listed on the

http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html

yes, i've seen those. i'm not 100% sure but i do recall something about 3com cards (later versions) using standard uarts. if this is true then sio(4) driver should recognize the card as 16550 uart (i think the card actually has later 16?50 uart, but they all should be backward compatible with 16550).

if you could please undo your changes to the ng_bt3c(4) driver, plug your card back and send me the dmesg output of sio(4) driver that would be nice.

personally, i was not able to use my 16550 uart based Xircom bluetooth pcmcia card with freebsd since NEWCARD went in. the sio(4) driver just does not work with the card. it used to fail to detect the card, now it can detect the card but fails to transfer the data (timeout).

thanks,
max