Re: rfcomm problem

Hello,

first, please *do not* send multiple messages. please have patience and give people a chance to reply.

Hi. I've a problem with pairing two computers.
I want to connect them using rfcomm_pppd. So I:

- change hcsecd.conf at both of them
- turn on authentication at computer that will be server.
- start hcsecd on both of them
- then I add proper sections to ppp.conf files
- start sdpd on server
- start rfcomm_pppd at server
- start rfcomm_pppd at client

and it should work

but when I start rfcomm_pppd at client on server's screen I got messege
like:
"ng_btsocket_rfcomm_receive_ua:
     GOT UA for non-existing dlci=2
 ng_bt_socket_rfcomm_dm:
     GOT DM for non-existing dlci=2"

What does it mean??

this is just a debug message that says there is a message for non-existing dlci (rfcomm channel). without a trace it is hard to know what it going.

why do you thing you have a pairing problem?

How should I solve this problem??

you do not provide enough information. first, take a look at /var/log/ppp.log on both client and server to see if ppp has actually started. if it did - then look at the ppp.log to figure out why it stopped. if ppp did not start then you need to look at /var/log/messages to see if there is anything from rfcomm_pppd(8). finally, you need to get a *binary* hcidump on both server and client and sent it to me.

i doubt that you have pairing problem here. most likely you have ppp misconfiguration.

thanks,
max