[no subject]

> >If the GPL didn't exist, people would choose, or make up,
> >something else that likely would not suit you either.
>
> They'd likely use the MIT X license or BSD license.

More likely, they'd choose a license more similar to the GPL, one which
discourages or forbids binary-only distribution of derived works, such as
the MPL, QPL, Artistic License, Nethack General Public License, Ricoh
Source Code Public License, or SISSL.  Of course, my proposition was
silly.  Neither the GPL nor these other licenses is going to disappear.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt