FreeBSD on Compaq Proliant 2500

Have you tried to configure your Proliant with SmartStart ?

The older Proliants needed to be configured with the smartstart
setting several options to NVRAM, it also installs the F10 partition
which some hate, and some love.. the F10 partition is a small
partition containing a menu to configure the Server, it's more
like an enhanced BIOS.
As far as I remember, when the Server has been configured you can
delete the F10 partition again.

Another Alternative is to go to www.compaq.com/support/files
and download the support disks for the server, those also
setup the options for you.

(the link still works, even though Compaq has been bought by HP)

good luck
Carsten

   1. FreeBSD on Compaq Proliant 2500 (Gabriel Barbulescu)

Message: 1